We've a brilliant opportunity for a HR Consultant/Advisor to assist the Senior HR Business Partner in delivering a best in class people operations service to our South region across 5 brands (located in Manchester, Birmingham and Brighton).
The Lomond Group is formed by a network of successful letting and estate agencies across the UK. Having secured private equity funding, the company has ambitious growth plans and we are now looking to strengthen our Group HR Team to support the network.
You will be joining a HR team who are fun but hard working and taking the company on a transformational journey to become a market leading network of lettings and sales agents. We believe in delivering a high-quality service and are continually investing in digital, people and ideas.
Whilst you'll gain exposure to all HR disciplines, there will be a strong focus on supporting the regions with talent attraction and facilitating an amazing recruitment experience so this role will cater to someone that is passionate about this specialism. Travel will also be expected as part of the role.
What you'll be doing in a nutshell
- To provide outstanding support on day to day HR matters and facilitate all aspects of the employee journey (recruitment and talent attraction, induction and onboarding, performance development, engagement, reward and wellbeing)
- To work with local managers to support the recruitment process and to keep gaps to a minimum by assisting with the sourcing of their talent pipeline, shortlisting, interviewing and providing exceptional candidate care at every stage
- Coach, influence and develop managers to support them in handling employee relation issues (disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence management etc.) highlighting risk cases to the Senior HRBP
- To facilitate all employee lifecycle changes (HR admin) in the Cascade system (new starters, leavers, contract amendments etc.)
- Support the Senior HRBP with M&A activity and post M&A change programmes (TUPE, restructuring)
- Partner with the local management teams to drive a high performance culture through the development of themselves, their teams and in challenging managers to new ways of working
- Work with local managers to build skills and capabilities needed throughout their teams, now and for the future through effective succession planning
- Work with the wider Group L&D team to identify interventions that address development needs and enhance performance
- Support the Senior HRBP & wider HR team with local HR projects
Our ideal candidate
- HR advisory experience supporting a business with achieving their goals and strategic aims through people
- Ideally, CIPD level 3 or 5 qualified or demonstrable experience (we can support the CIPD qualification through the apprenticeship levy)
- HR system experience is beneficial
- An understanding of how to develop people and teams is desirable.
- Solid working knowledge of employment law
- Resilience and able to work in a fast-paced business with constantly changing priorities
- A demonstrable ability to build rapport and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
- An attractive salary of circa £28,000
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Opportunity to participate in a discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company events including lots of opportunities to get involved in charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an innovative learning platform to support your professional development